STUDENT DEGREE RECITALS
The School of Music presents over 100 free student degree recitals each year. Demonstrating advanced musical proficiency, these recitals fulfill undergraduate and graduate degree requirements. Student degree recitals are open to the public.
Student Degree Recital Scheduling
Here are some important things you should know about scheduling your degree recital:
- Requests for recital and dress rehearsal times can be selected from the available slots shown HERE and by completing this form. Recitals will be scheduled on a first come, first served basis. Please do not email or call requesting a confirmation receipt of your form, as this slows down the scheduling process.
- Recitals can be scheduled any day of the week in either Gildenhorn Recital Hall or Ulrich Recital Hall between the first and last day of classes, with the exception of university-observed holidays.
- Upon requesting a recital time, the scheduling coordinator will send a tentative confirmation email to both you and your studio teacher indicating which of your requested spots are being held for you. From that date you will have two (2) weeks to complete the scheduling process. Students who do not complete the process during this time will have to re-submit their request and their holds will be released.
- Students are responsible for creating, printing and bringing their own recital programs. Your program should be able to print on one piece of paper folded in half. When printing your programs, select double-sided and "flip on short edge" or "short edge binding." Printing on "long edge" will cause the inside of your program to print upside down.
For your convenience, we offer two program templates for you to choose from. Please note: the safety and emergency exit instructions on the back of the template are required by the fire marshall; do not remove them.
- Download an editable PDF here. This version is the easiest to use but does not allow for much personalization. In order to edit the PDF, open the template in Adobe Acrobat and click the "Edit PDF" pink button in the right sidebar.
- Download a Microsoft Word template here. This option makes it easier for you to personalize but some computers may have compatibility issues that cause the text to flow onto three pages instead of two. You are welcome to use this template exactly as is or personalize it (select different fonts, resize text, etc.). Text you need to update is highlighted in yellow; Remember to remove all yellow highlight before printing. Depending on your version of Microsoft Word, you may need to select a different font or move text up or down pages to fit if you are having compatibility issues. If that is the case, it may be easier for you to use the editable PDF template instead.
- All recitals requiring the use of a projector screen must be held in Gildenhorn Recital Hall. Recitals that require projectors are not possible in Ulrich Recital Hall.
- Questions? Check out the Student Degree Recital Policy Manual & Checklist, or send an email to the Recital Scheduling Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recital Scheduling Coordinator
School of Music Scheduling
Degree and non-degree recitals held in School of Music facilities — such as Leah M. Smith Lecture Hall (2200) and the Choral Rehearsal Room (2201) — will not be supported by The Clarice staff nor receive technical assistance. These facilities may be scheduled through the School of Music free of charge for degree-required and non-degree recitals.
The first step in this process is to contact the operations graduate assistant (contact information below) with 3-5 days and times that would work for you to check room availability. Please submit in order of preference.
Once availability has been confirmed by the operations graduate assistant, fill out and return the recital request form for School of Music spaces. Below is the form in PDF format for reserving recitals in the Leah M. Smith Lecture Hall (2200) or the Choral Rehearsal Room (2201). Please return this form to the operations graduate assistant in the School of Music main office (Room 2110).
Leah M. Smith Lecture Hall and Choral Rehearsal Room Request Form
Operations Graduate Assistant
2110 The Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center
(School of Music main office)