MUSICIAN HEALTH & SAFETY
A healthy mind and body are essential to the success and longevity of a musician's career. We encourage our students to build habits that will optimize physical and emotional wellness throughout their lives.
Health and Safety Standards for Musicians
The following list of resources was developed in part by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM) and the Performing Arts Medicine Association (PAMA) to help musicians maintain their physical and mental health.
- Protecting Your Hearing Health: Student Information Sheet on Noise-Induced Hearing Loss
- Protect Your Hearing Every Day: Information and Recommendations for Student Musicians
- Basic Information on Hearing Health: Information and Recommendations for Faculty and Staff
Neuromusculoskeletal and Vocal Health
- Protecting Your Neuromusculoskeletal Health
- Protecting Your Vocal Health
- Check your medications: do they affect your voice? (The National Center for Voice and Speech)
- Protecting Your Neuromusculoskeletal and Vocal Health Every Day
- Basic Information on Neuromusculoskeletal and Vocal Health: Information and Recommendations for Faculty and Staff